Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16556 Discussions

How do i copy projects between 2 computers?

OldMarty
Beginner

Hi All,

Can somebody please share the correct method to copy a project from one PC over to another PC???
It seems when i copy the folders/files manually or saving from within the quartus editor doesn't really work properly. I'm not sure if i should be archiving, exporting or some other function??

It's really slowing/stopping my progress, because i can't work between home & work PCs on the same project.
It seems i have to start and finish the project on the one PC, and that seems like BS to me, i know there must be a real way to migrate project files elsewhere..

OK, some backstory....

I've recently been designing some new projects in Quartus 13.x and cannot get the project to open when i copy my projects between computers from work to my home PC (and back to work PC etc).
(i've also tried with v17.x, v18.x and also had a colleague try on his own computers with the same problems).

Here's an example:

I start a brand new project in the following folder structure...
C:\IntelFPGA\Projects\Test1

The contents in this folder after creating my schematic design (Test.bdf), has created the following files and folders:

\db
\incremental_db
\output_files
Test.bdf
Test.qpf
Test.qsf
Test.qws

When i copy the EXACT same file structure and files to my home PC, i attempt to open the project and get a "no project file found" error window appear.

The best i can achieve is to open the .bdf file directly (which opens in the schematic editor correctly), but i don't feel it's linked to all the project files anymore.

Thanks in advance for any help to this ongoing problem for me.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
SyafieqS

Hi Marty,

Save all your current work progress and use the feature archive. 

In Quartus window menu --> project --> archive project. Copy your .qar file to home machine and then good to go.

Thanks,

Regards

0 Kudos
OldMarty
Beginner

ok, thanks for that, i'll give the archive a try when i'm next back at my workplace.

Thanks again.

0 Kudos