Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16595 Discussions

How does one copy FPGA pins from one .bdf file to another

JMona1
New Contributor I

I have a need for a number of different .bdf in Quartus Prime (lite). In all cases the pinout of the FPGA is the same. Currently I'm manually assigning teh pins each time. What file contains the pinout information. Where is it and can I copy it across when I create a new project. (I will change the name to reflect the new projects .bdf name of course) is that viable?

2 Replies
Vicky1
Employee

Hi,

I assume that,

1. you want to create number of different .bdf in Quartus Prime but pinout of the FPGA is the same-> copy .bdf file of current project & then make the copy of them like copy1.bdf,copy2.bdf etc eventually add these files in your project via. Project->Add/Remove files in Project.. ( check attachment)
  2. .qsf file contains pinout information so you can import .qsf file in another project.

BDF.JPG

Let me know if this has helped resolve the issue you are facing or if you need any further assistance.

Best Regards

Vikas Jathar 

(This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation)

0 Kudos
JMona1
New Contributor I

Thanks Vicky, that's the info I needed.

0 Kudos