Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16624 Discussions

How to do with unconstrained paths which is introduced by the JTAG and GSFI IP?

Rainwang
New Contributor II

hi, 

My platform: 10AS016E4F29E3SG with Quartus prime pro V22.4

I realized a HPS system in my design and I use a GSFI IP to control the QSPI flash.

both the logic and the HPS work well but there are unconstrained paths reported after full complilation as below image shows.

unconstrained paths.JPG

I checked the 3 clocks with red highlighted, the 1st is JTAG clock and the 2nd and 3 rd are both introduced by the GSGI IP.

so my question:

I have thought for these clocks the tool will add constraints automaticlly as the EMIF IP do, but it seems not, how to add constraints for them?

let me know if you need more information.

thank you and best regards,

rain,

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
6 Replies
Rainwang
New Contributor II

For JTAG related, i have just resolved it per below link, please focus on the rest two which related to the GSFI IP when you answer,

thank you.

Solved: Re: how to set timing constraint for jtag port - Intel Community

0 Kudos
sstrell
Honored Contributor III

Do you mean "QSPI"?  I don't know what "GSFI" is.  It looks like you have unconstrained clocks in your design.  You need to constrain them in your .sdc file.

0 Kudos
Rainwang
New Contributor II

hi, 

GSFI means "Generic serial flash interface", which is a control interface IP to the QSPI flash,provided by Intel.

I instantiated it in my design to access my QSPI flash, and i found the 2 paths which were reported unconstrained are related to this IP. 

For clocks in the customized logic, i added the constraints by myself; for most IP such as DDR controller, the constraints are added automaticlly; but i don't know why this IP report this warning, shall the user add the constraints by themselves?

below attached is my HPS system and the GSFI is red highlighted.

thanks.

HPS.JPG

0 Kudos
Rainwang
New Contributor II

thanks for your reply, it is resolved per the links you provided.

thanks again!

0 Kudos
Nurina
Employee

Hi,

I’m glad that your question has been addressed, I now transition this thread to community support. If you have a new question, Feel free to open a new thread or login to ‘ https://supporttickets.intel.com ’, view details of the desire request, and post a feed/response within the next 15 days to allow me to continue to support you. After 15 days, this thread will be transitioned to community support. The community users will be able to help you on your follow-up questions.

If any answer from the community or Intel Support are helpful, feel free to rank your support experience by rating 4/5 survey. Please let me know of any inconvenience so that I may improve your future service experience.

Have a great day!

Best regards,

Nurina W.

0 Kudos