Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
15329 Discussions

I have recently downloaded the Quartus Prime 18.1 (Lite edition) and the Cyclone devices individually. But when I try to open the 3 individual files with the Cyclone devices they will not open and the software wont let me create a new project.

JStew26
Beginner

For some reason the software is unaware of the files I downloaded with the Cyclone device family. How can I go about opening the files so I can start a new project?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Vicky1
Employee

Hi,

1. Please first ensure that Cyclone devices are installed in Quartus Lite or not('Assignment -> Device- Device family' Menu)? If not then download the cyclone devices & save it in Quartus tool setup directory.
  2. Then from Windows start menu Open 'Device Installer for Quartus 18.1 Lite' & install the devices.
  3. System restart is needed to activate the newly install devices.
  4. If it doesn`t work then try to reinstall the quartus tool with all devices.

Regards,

Vicky

Vicky1
Employee

Hi,

Have you resolved the issue?

May I know any update or Should I consider that case to be closed?

Regards,

Vicky