Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)

IP upgrade recommended

BMart12
New Contributor I

Hello,

I am working on a project that uses two LCD displays with frame buffers.  I used Quartus Prime Version 16.1.0 Build 196 10/24/2016 SJ Lite Edition to instantiate two alt_vip_vfr Frame Readers.  After generating the HDL and building the project, I am now using Quartus Prime Version 18.1.0 Build 625 09/12/2018 SJ Lite Edition to proceed with my development.  In QP 18.1 I encounter the Launch IP Upgrade Tool.  I provide you with the screen snippet showing the box.  I have launched the tool and double-clicked the indicated IP modules.  The tool reports success.  However, I note that .qip and .v files for the are not updated from 16.1 to 18.1 so I keep getting the upgrade recommendation.  Is there a way to get Quartus to update the Mega Wizard macro folders?

Thank you.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
SyafieqS

Ben,

May I know if you are able to work on this?

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
SyafieqS

Ben,

If that's the case, the best way is to instantiate two alt_vip_vfr Frame Readers directly from current Quartus and generate. This could be solving your issue.

0 Kudos
SyafieqS

Ben,

May I know if you are able to work on this?

0 Kudos
BMart12
New Contributor I

I apologize for the delay in responding.  I will do as you suggest.  Thank you.

0 Kudos
SyafieqS

Ben,

Let me know if there is any update or concern on this

0 Kudos
SyafieqS

We do not receive any response from you to the previous reply that I have provided, thus I will put this case to close pending. Please post a response in the next 15 days to allow me to continue to support you. After 15 days, this thread will be transitioned to community support. The community users will be able to help you with your follow-up questions. 

0 Kudos