Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
15462 Discussions

In Quartus we set the VHDL version with Settings -> Compiler Settings -> VHDL Input. How to inform the platform viewer about the VHDL version?

MakV
Beginner

I am using the custom types and written those in the package. I am using them unconstrained like below

type mydatatype is array (integer range <>) of unsigned;

And with the settings the VHDL version to 2008, I could analyze and synthesize in Quartus. I would like to make component with the code I have written so that can be used in the Platform Generator. So when I try to do that, I get an error

element type for array type cannot be unconstrained

How to set the VHDL version in Platform Generator to get rid of the error?

Best Regards

0 Kudos
5 Replies
JOHI
New Contributor II

Hello,

In Quartus go to Assignments / Settings

And in the settings dialog box go to Compiler Settings / Vhdl input.

settings.png

Best Regards,

Johi.

MakV
Beginner

I am already using the settings in Quartus. I want to use the same sources and make a Qsys-component.

My question was how to set the VHDL version in Platform Generator(Qsys).

KhaiChein_Y_Intel

Hi MakV,

May I know what edition (Standard/Pro) and version you are using?

Thanks.

MakV
Beginner
KhaiChein_Y_Intel
Hi MakV, Referring to https://www.intel.com/content/dam/www/programmable/us/en/pdfs/literature/po/ss-quartus-comparison.pd..., VHDL 2008 is not supported in the Standard edition. Thanks.