Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16689 Discussions

Installing Megacores on Linux

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Anyone know how to do this? 

I have installed the Megacores but they arn't shown as installed in the MegaWizzard manager..
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Ok I found it, FYI  

it apepars that under MS Windows Quartus II uses the registry to locate Megacores, but in Linux this is obviosly not possible.  

To enable Quartus II on Unix / Linux to find the Megacores, the full path to each Megacore “lib” folder must be added to either the project user libraries or more usefully the global user libraries in Quartus II. (Project -> add-remove files -> User libraries (Current Project), or tools->options->Global user library's)  

eg /altera/Linux/megacore/6.0/ddr_ddr2_sdram-vX.X.X/lib 

If Megacores are added to the Project User Libraries they will only be visible in the current project , but if they are added to the Global user library's they will be visible for all Quartus II projects.  

Have fun
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Are these instructions only valid for Redhat or Suse 8/9? Would these work for other Linux distribution as well (i.e. Fedora, Ubuntu.. etc)?

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

chek this link in the NIOS forum: 

http://forum.niosforum.com/forum/ind...showtopic=5764 

Some guys have install quartus and all the tools on linux (on different distribution) and give some feedback on the way they perform the installation
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

So far as I know, if you don't install Altera Development software kit in supported distros (RedHat Enter r 3/4, SuSE 9) you will have to hack the linux kernel to get support for your USB-Blaster. That's the only headache.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi everybody... 

I have a problem that i posted in http://www.alteraforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=214&page=4&highlight=linux

Basically, i get a Seg fault in Quartus when trying to access to Tools->Options or Tools->License Setup. You can see the error code in the attachment I include, just in case you want to have a look and maybe give some idea about what to do. 

But the reason to post here, since I cannot access to Tools->Options, is if there's any file I can edit manually so that I can add the megacores in the global user libraries in Quartus II. 

Thanks so much...
0 Kudos