Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16556 Discussions

Intel FFT simulation was failed in 2 Matlab version

User1582192733150209

Hello Sir/Madam,

Quartus prime pro 17.1 + Modelsim 10.5c +Arria10gx

Intel FFT IP core , Variable Streaming,N=256,data type is single.

I generated an Intel FFT ipcore from Quartus, I can see some Matlab   <variation name>_model and <variation name>_tb files have been generated under my nominated location E:\gofft\tfft\altera_fft_ii_171\sim\Matlab_model\

Following the simulation instruction, 2.5.2. Simulating the Variable Streaming FFT IP Core in the MATLAB, on page 24 of ug_fft.pdf. I got something wrong as below

>> nps=[256,2048];

inverse = [0,1];

>> x = (2^12)*rand(1,sum(nps)) + j*(2^12)*rand(1,sum(nps));

>> [y] = tfft_altera_fft_ii_171_tp3vvyi_model(x,nps,inverse);

Invalid MEX-file

'\\client\e$\gofft\tfft\altera_fft_ii_171\sim\Matlab_model\SVSfftmodel.mexw64': Access is

denied.

Error in tfft_altera_fft_ii_171_tp3vvyi_model (line 47)

[roc,ioc] = SVSfftmodel(rin,iin,DATA_PREC,TWIDDLE_PREC,N,nps(i),inverse(i), INPUT_ORDER,

OUTPUT_ORDER,REPRESENTATION,SVOPT,PRUNE);

Because I have noticed some old answer for similar question mentioned this simulation only support 32bit Matlab. So I have tried this test on below 2 platform,

Both 2 platform,I got same error information .I have restart matlab and computer ,and issue still same.

Cast case 1 :Win10 + MatlabR2019b

Cast case 2 :Win7+ Matlab6.5.1

Any suggestion is welcome

Thanks

Jim

Cast case 1 :Win10 + MatlabR2019b

error3.JPG

Cast case 2 :Win7+ Matlab6.5.1

error4.JPG

0 Kudos
4 Replies
User1582192733150209

my matlab files generated by IP tools , you can try it on you own platform to see if you can duplicate my issue.

0 Kudos
CheePin_C_Intel
Employee

Hi,

As I understand it, you encounter some issue when trying to simulate the Matlab model generated together with the IP HDL generation. For your information, can you try the following:

1. In your FFT IP, Generate the Example Design

2. In the generated folder ie fft1_ii_0_example_design, look for Matlab_model folder

3. You can find the model.m and _tb.m in the folder

4. Try run the Matlab simulation using these files.

Please let me know if there is any concern. Thank you.

Best regards,

Chee Pin

0 Kudos
User1582192733150209

Hi Chee pin,

Thansk for your support.

Unfortunately, there is no option to generate a example as below.

no_example_option.jpg

0 Kudos
CheePin_C_Intel
Employee

Hi,

thanks for your update. As I further debug into this, I notice that there is no example design generation for A10 FFT in QPro. As a workaround, you can try to use Quartus Standard Edition to generate the example design. I have emailed you a ZIP of the example design generated with Q17.0Std for your reference. Sorry for the inconvenience.

0 Kudos