Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
15469 Discussions

Intel HLS link x86-64 failed

ali21
Beginner

Hi,

I ran the example in quartus18.0 and it terns out the LNK1107 error

C:\intelFPGA_std\18.0\hls\examples\counter>build test-x86-64 i++ -march=x86-64 counter.cpp -o test-x86-64.exe c:/program files (x86)/microsoft visual studio 14.0/vc/bin/link.exe : fatal erro r LNK1107: 文件无效或损坏: 无法在 0x320 处读取 HLS Link x86-64 FAILED. Run test-x86-64.exe to execute the test.

And I tried quartus_18.1_pro and VS2015 pro on a new installed windows7 system, same problem showed up.

Can any body tell me what's wrong and how to fix it?​

0 Kudos
2 Replies
KhaiChein_Y_Intel

Hi ali21,

1) Are you following the HLS Starting Guide? Did you run the init_hls.bat first? User need to run this *.bat before any compilation as it will setup the environment.

2) Could you check if you have link.exe in c:/program files (x86)/microsoft visual studio 14.0/vc/bin ?

3) This error states that user is adding a 32 bit link file for usage which is incorrect, HLS requires the 64 bit link file. \VC\bin\amd64\link.exe

Thanks.

ali21
Beginner

​I did have used 32 bit link file . Thanks very much.