Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16624 Discussions

Iquartus prime pro: IP Catalog is empty

Michael19
Beginner

Hello out there,

i am using a freshly installed Quartus Prime Pro 22.1 system, running on a CentOS linux machine.

As the license is not yet available, i activated the "Grace Period".

Then i used the New Project Wizard to create a empty project which selects  as family Stratix10 

As device i selected Stratix10 DX which corresponds to the board we will use .

The strange thing is that the IP Catalog is empty.

Btw. in PlatformDesigner the IPs are shown and can be used, but there's another issue with this tool. 

I searched for the IPs in the file system and added the path to the installation manually under option "IP Catalog Search Locations" / global IP search directory like below, but this did not solve the problem.

/cae/tools/altera/quartus-pro_22.1.0/ip

Is there another place where the path to the default IP library is stored ?

Setting the option above  writes a key  "USER_IP_SEARCH_PATH = ...   in quartus2.ini .

Editing or extending this by hand did not help.

I tried several variants, f.e. 

/cae/tools/altera/quartus-pro_22.1.0/ip/**/*   <- this gets written into the file when using the setup option above

/cae/tools/altera/quartus-pro_22.1.0/ip/altera/*

/cae/tools/altera/quartus-pro_22.1.0/ip/altera

Thanks to all

0 Kudos
1 Solution
RichardTanSY_Intel

Since there are no feedback for this thread, I will now transition this thread to community support. If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get the support from Intel experts. Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread. Thank you.

Best Regards,

Richard Tan

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
sstrell
Honored Contributor III

I think for this and your other post, you might have a bad installation.  I'd uninstall, re-download and re-install.

0 Kudos
RichardTanSY_Intel

You should not need to do all that and the IP catalog should show all the IP normally.

I recommend that you uninstall the whole Quartus as mentioned by Sstrell and reinstall again.

0 Kudos
RichardTanSY_Intel

Since there are no feedback for this thread, I will now transition this thread to community support. If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get the support from Intel experts. Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread. Thank you.

Best Regards,

Richard Tan

0 Kudos
Michael19
Beginner

complete reinstall was done yesterday - IP catalog is visible now 

0 Kudos