Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16596 Discussions

Is there an approach to save the whole simulation results in Modelsim

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Sometimes the simulation in Modelsim will take a very long time. We may check the simulation results just after simulation finished, but may check it again next time (1 day later). In this case, I need to simulate it again and a same long time will be cost. 

I just wonder is there any approach that we can save the whole simulation results (the waveform) ? Then we just need to open the simulation results again to check instead of simulate it again.  

Thanks very much.
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

You can add "log -r *" to your .do file before your simulation "run" command. This will create a vsim.wlf that can be opened up later in the GUI to view all the simulation waveforms. However, if you are running very long simulations or have a very large design this might require a lot of disk space. In that case, you can replace the "*" with a particular hierarchal hdl path from your design.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Thanks very much, crauer. Do you know how to operate it through GUI?

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi crauer, I just find eve I didn't input the comand"log -r *", it seems Modelsim will save the file "vsim.wlf" automatically in each simulation.

0 Kudos
ruskin
Beginner

Hi all,

Is it possible to start the modelsim simulation from the last saved timepoint in wlf file? Or do i need to always restart the simulation?

0 Kudos