Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16677 Discussions

LogicLock regions in source control - possible?

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I'm having a ****ens of a time trying to figure out how to put logiclock regions into source control. 

I thought that all the needed LogicLock info was saved in the QSF file, but it seems there is some magic stored somewhere in the db subdirectory. Here's why: 

I start with a clean slate, then get the just the source files (no LogicLock regions yet) for my design, including the QSF. 

Next, I add LogicLock regions (locked and fixed). Compile. I note that now there is info in the QSF that describes them. 

Next, I delete the db directory and compile again (the QSF still has all the LogicLock info in it). The compiler throws up a bunch of warnings similar to: "Warning: One or more LogicLock region membership assignments are unused 

Warning: "FastRxEngine:inst8" in region "FastRxEngine:inst8"" 

What am I missing? The reason this is important is there are several people working on this one project, and we each compile from source files on our own computers. Surely I can't be the only one who'd run into this. Thanks - 

-Dano-
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I'm not sure what's going wrong, but I compile projects with LLR info in the .qsf and no /db, and it works all the time. You definitely should not need anything else, but I really don't know why that would occur.

0 Kudos