Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16609 Discussions

Max 10 ADC does not show as included in Project Summary Compilation

AKohl3
Beginner

Hi,

Attached is the project for which I have followed all the right steps to include an ADC in my project but on the viewing the project summary on compilation, the ADC still shows 0/1 in project.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
JonWay_C_Intel
Employee

Hi @AKohl3​ 

Could you download one of the MAX 10 ADC examples from the design store, and compare it against your project.

You can try this simple design first

https://fpgacloud.intel.com/devstore/platform/16.0.0/Standard/max-10-adc-with-threshold-violation-detection/

0 Kudos
AKohl3
Beginner

Looks like I have to link the Avalon_Bridge module to invoke my ADC module even if I'm not trying to use JTAG to monitor or observe the performance of the ADC. I was only looking to implement a simple ADC module with core control sending a soft command for the channel to digitize. So, the Avalon bridge is a must for ADC use?

0 Kudos
JonWay_C_Intel
Employee

Hi @AKohl3​ 

By Avalon Bridge, do you mean the the JTAG-Avalon Master Bridge?

If yes, you will only need this if you are sending commands from system console (via JTAG).

May I know, when you say “sending soft commands”, how are you sending commands to the ADC? JTAG? NIOS? State machine?

0 Kudos