Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16598 Discussions

Missing DPI when trying to run vcs_setup.sh

KNY
Employee

I am trying to run VCS simulation on sample project from Quartus, and I run into this error: 

Error-[DPI-DIFNF] DPI import function not found

./../..//../ip/qsys_top/s10_hps/altera_stratix10_interface_generator_191/sim/mgc_common_axi.sv, 30779

The definition of DPI import function/task

'dvc_axi4_initialise_SystemVerilog' does not exist.

Anyone have any idea why it can't find the DPI function?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
RichardTanSY_Intel

Hi @KNY 

Have you try the example and Setting Up Simulation from the User Guide below? 

https://www.intel.com/content/dam/www/programmable/us/en/pdfs/literature/ug/mentor_vip_ae_usr.pdf

I recommend to do so as there are things that needs to be done when the Mentor AXI BFMs are involved.

Best Regards,
Richard Tan

p/s: If any answer from the community or Intel support are helpful, please feel free to give Kudos. 

0 Kudos
RichardTanSY_Intel

Hi @KNY 

I have yet to receive any response from you to the previous question/reply/answer that I have provided but I believed that I have answered your question. 
With that, I will now transition this thread to community support. If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get the support from Intel experts. Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread. Thank you.

Best Regards,
Richard Tan

p/s: If any answer from the community or Intel support are helpful, please feel free to give Kudos. 

0 Kudos