Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16556 Discussions

Missing 'Menu bar' in Quartus 19.1 Pro on Linux platform

vj123
Novice

Hello Officers,

I installed Quartus 19.1 Pro on Linux machine but I can not see the Menu Bar.

Does anyone else having same issue?

0 Kudos
11 Replies
EBERLAZARE_I_Intel

Hi,

Seems odd, Is the Menu Bar still missing after reinstalling the Quartus 19.1? Is there any error during the installation or any warnings?

0 Kudos
vj123
Novice

​Hi,

Yes, I tried by reinstalling & I realized the unexpected behavior of Menu bar of Q19.1 pro, but I couldn`t find that issue with Q18.0 lite, Q17.1 & Q18.1 std installed on same machine.

Check the highlight part in screenshot

Thanks.

Menu Bar.jpg

0 Kudos
EBERLAZARE_I_Intel

Hi,

Just to be sure what is the Ubuntu Linux Version?

0 Kudos
vj123
Novice

​Hi,

Ubuntu 14.04.5 LTS

Thanks

0 Kudos
Vinay_N_Intel
Employee

Hi,

And what about the window manager?

Thanks,

Vinay

0 Kudos
vj123
Novice

Hi Vinay,

I am having issue with Linux platform, not to the​ windows.

if you have any issue about windows platform(Q19.1 Pro), please share here.

0 Kudos
EBERLAZARE_I_Intel
Hi, I would presume that the affect might be the version of the Ubuntu, but according to Intel's website the Ubuntu's version stated that it supports Quartus Pro 19.1. This issue might be caused by: 1) the OS itself, (latest is 14.04.6, but since older Quartus works in your OS so this may or may not be the case) 2) could be caused by corrupted installation file during download 3) could be a rare bug, would recommend Ubuntu 16.04 LTS as the End of Standard Support for this version is April 2021 compare to the Ubuntu 14.04.5 LTS/14.04.6 LTS which is April 2019 (Standard Support just Ended). Regards,
0 Kudos
vj123
Novice

Thanks for the information....

0 Kudos
EBERLAZARE_I_Intel
Hi, May I ask, did you try reinstalling Quartus 19.1 pro? Or have you re-download the installation files again to be sure? What do you suspect the issue might be? Was there any error popup, etc.. I appreciate your reply, this bug may need to be reported to be fix. Thanks.
0 Kudos
vj123
Novice

did you try reinstalling Quartus 19.1 pro? --- Yes, I tried but issue persists.

Or have you re-download the installation files again to be sure? --  I checked by downloading & installing Q19.1 pro setup on different machine(Ubuntu 14.04.5 LTS) but there also I realize same issue as shown in my second post.

What do you suspect the issue might be? Was there any error popup, etc.. ---- no error for me.

I`ll be happy if someone from Intel debug this issue.

Thanks

0 Kudos
EBERLAZARE_I_Intel

Hi,

Do you have a Ubuntu 16.04 machine to install the Quartus 19.1 pro to check if the bug is also there?

0 Kudos