Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)

Modelsim Input Matrix

Parisa
Beginner

I do have a matrix input in my code in system verilog and modelsim does not show the matrix input in simulations. when I cahnge the matrix form to an array, then it is shown in the input in simulation

Can someone tell me why is that and help me to fix it?

Thank you

The input not shown in simulation because it is a matrix: input wire [DATA_WIDTH-1:0] instances [CHAN_NUM-1:0],

The input shown when it is an array: input wire [DATA_WIDTH*CHAN_NUM-1:0]instances,

0 Kudos
2 Replies
RichardTanSY_Intel

Hi @Parisa 

I do not think matrix is supported in the Modelsim as I can't find any relevant information from the Modelsim user manual. 

I would suggest to post your question on the Mentor/Siemen forum for a better answer. 

Best Regards,
Richard Tan

p/s: If any answer from the community or Intel support are helpful, please feel free to give Kudos. 

0 Kudos
RichardTanSY_Intel

I have yet to receive any response from you to the previous question/reply/answer that I have provided but I believed that I have answered your question. 
With that, I will now transition this thread to community support. If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get the support from Intel experts. Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread. Thank you.

Best Regards,
Richard Tan

p/s: If any answer from the community or Intel support are helpful, please feel free to give Kudos. 

0 Kudos