Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16597 Discussions

Modelsim: Module 'xyz' does not have a timeunit/timeprecision specification ..

TRoa
New Contributor I

So the original error in Modelsim is :

Module 'xyz' does not have a timeunit/timeprecision specification in effect, but other modules do.

The issue is: I have checked all the files in project, and no file contains 'timescale' directive. 

But it is still complaining that other files have timeprecision. What may be the possible reason for this error?

Please note that it was working perfectly fine as it is. But then I updated my files from SVN server. And upon first simulation run it complained that. It think at the computer, from where the SVN directory was first updated, had some files that had 'timescale directive, and few files have old entries. Currently, no file in my project has any file that might be containing 'timescale directive. So, is there any cleanup I may do?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
RichardTanSY_Intel
Could you help to share your project design so I could further check on this?
0 Kudos
TRoa
New Contributor I

Hi,

What files do you need. This is a company project, so may be I cant share all files. But yes, if you need some system files or project than yes I can share. Can you please specify the files types?

0 Kudos
RichardTanSY_Intel
As long as the file is able to duplicate the error then it is sufficient.
0 Kudos