Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16741 Discussions

Modelsim can't find design units

AWann1
New Contributor I

Hi, I am a Modelsim novice, so I might be missing something obvious.

I compiled my design in Quartus, and opened Modelsim through the Quartus software.

In Modelsim, compiled a few other needed libraries.

But I still get some (vsim-3033) errors, saying: "Instantiation of 'cyclonev_clkena_encrypted' failed. The design unit was not found."

This repeats for units cyclonev_pll_refclk_select_encrypted,  cyclonev_fractional_pll_encrypted,  cyclonev_pll_reconfig_encrypted, and cyclonev_pll_output_counter_encrypted. 

I am nor sure where else to find them, I feel like I am searching in the dark. I feels odd that all the necessary things aren't precompiled when I open it through Quartus, but I can deal with that.

Does anyone know where I can find these last things to compile in my simulation?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
SyafieqS
Employee

Hi Adam,

May I know what version of Quartus are you using? Is the Modelsim come from same package of the Quartus version? If you are using different version of modelsim into Quartus, this will cause an issue as this issue https://community.intel.com/t5/Intel-Quartus-Prime-Software/Questa-lpm-CycloneV-library-not-found/m-p/1426223#M75842, this make sure the simulation tool and Quartus is compatible

0 Kudos
AWann1
New Contributor I

Yes, Quartus and ModelSim were downloaded together in the same package.

Quartus is Quartus Prime 18.1 Build 625, and ModelSim is Starter Edition 10.5b

0 Kudos
SyafieqS
Employee

Adam,

May I know if reinstall the Quartus solve the issue?

Delete all the tool and reinstall. Let me know if it is still persist

0 Kudos
SyafieqS
Employee

Hi,

Let me know if there is any update or concern on this.

0 Kudos
SyafieqS
Employee

As we do not receive any response from you on the previous question/reply/answer that we have provided. Please login to ‘https://supporttickets.intel.com’, view details of the desire request, and post a feed/response within the next 15 days to allow me to continue to support you. After 15 days, this thread will be transitioned to community support. The community users will be able to help you on your follow-up questions.

p/s: If any answer from community or Intel support are helpful, please feel free to mark as solution, give Kudos and rate 10/10 survey

0 Kudos