Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16556 Discussions

No hardware in quartus programmer

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, 

I've been using quartus successfully for three years now. However, lately on my windows 10 machine I can't get the blaster to show in the quartus programmer, even though I'm sure the right drivers are installed. On the blater the light is always on. Tryed it in a computer with an older version of windows and everything works fine. Have both quartus 10 and 16 installed and in neither of them the blaster works properly, which makes me think is some kind of issue between windows 10 and the blaster. The strange part is that the first months after updating to windows 10 everything worked as usual and now I can't make it work. Anyone got this issue with the blaster/windows 10? I did some google searchs and couldn't find anything helpfull. 

Cheers, Ricardo 

EDIT: spelling
0 Kudos
10 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Do you have any FTDI USB-to-serial adapters connected and opened while you're trying to use USB Blaster?

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I do and I don't. Its not connected to the same computer as the blaster. the FTDI is connected to a raspberry pi running linux. It should not affect.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

It should not affect. 

--- Quote End ---  

Surely not. 

Did you see the USB Blaster in Windows device manager? Can you verify it's using the most recent driver?
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

i was pretty sure that i had the driver that comes with quartus 16. nonetheless i end up reinstaling the driver and got some screen shots. i keep getting no hardware 

http://i.imgur.com/2abn1rs.png 

http://i.imgur.com/fckzjuy.png 

(sorry my computer language is portuguese, but you should be able to see that everything is as it should)
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

Did you see the USB Blaster in Windows device manager? 

--- Quote End ---  

yes it's there 

--- Quote Start ---  

Can you verify it's using the most recent driver? 

--- Quote End ---  

the one installed came with quartus 16.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I am having the same issue, drivers correctly installed, shows in device manager, USB Blaster doesn´t show up in Currently Selected Hardware in Hardware Setup. If anyone has an idea what the problem can be, please do help.  

Thank you
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

I am having the same issue, drivers correctly installed, shows in device manager, USB Blaster doesn´t show up in Currently Selected Hardware in Hardware Setup. If anyone has an idea what the problem can be, please do help.  

Thank you 

--- Quote End ---  

I never got a solution for this issue. I started using the blaster with another computer.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I have encounter this problem for long. 

I discovered that serial-debug tool was conflict with Quartus.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Although I never found the issue nor the solution for this problem, installing Quartus 17.1 seems to fix the issue.

rruya
Beginner

hello

i am working with quartus ii 6.0 windows 10 64 bits fpga altera cyclone I. usb-blaster not recognized by quartus. help please

0 Kudos