Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16556 Discussions

OpenCL Library Example 1 - Running error

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hello,  

I would like to use VHDL blocks developed with OpenCL and for this, I first followed the first example (https://www.altera.com/support/support-resources/design-examples/design-software/opencl/library-design-example.html), example 1. 

I followed all the steps described in the README.html but when I run the executable ("bin/host"), this one returns a "segmentation fault" without even launching the file. 

# elie@r423-2 (~/elie/tests_and_examples/exm_opencl_library_example1_x64_linux_16.1/library_example1): (11:12:12) -> ls bin device host Makefile README.html reprogram_temp.sof# elie@r423-2 (~/elie/tests_and_examples/exm_opencl_library_example1_x64_linux_16.1/library_example1): (11:24:02) -> bin/host Segmentation fault  

I have tried others examples and they executed successfully. 

I am targeting ReflexCES alaric Arria 10 board. 

Has anyone come across this error before? I welcome any suggestions. 

Thank you! 

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I received the same error. I commented out the part of the code that reads in the number or command line arguments and it seem to work fine.

0 Kudos