Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.

OpenCL hello world error

FCive
New Contributor I

Dear Community,

I am trying to compile the hello_world.cl program for the Arrow Sockit based on an Intel Cyclone V SoC. I follow this guide (https://rocketboards.org/foswiki/pub/Documentation/ArrowSoCKitOpenCL/SoCkit_OpenCL_Setup-v14.0--2014...) and I am able to create the .aoco, but when I launch the following command:

aoc -v -board=arrow_c5sockit_sharedmem -report hello_world.cl

I got this output:

aoc: First stage compilation completed successfully.

Compiling for FPGA. This process may take a long time, please be patient.

Error: Error in adjust_plls.tcl!

Error: Flow compile (for project /home/netfpga/Downloads/examples/HelloWorld/hello_world/device/hello_world/top) was not successful

Error: ERROR: Error(s) found while running an executable. See report file(s) for error message(s). Message log indicates which executable was run last.

Error (23031): Evaluation of Tcl script /home/netfpga/intelFPGA/17.1/quartus/common/tcl/internal/qsh_flow.tcl unsuccessful

Error: Quartus Prime Shell was unsuccessful. 4 errors, 668 warnings

Error: Compiler Error, not able to generate hardware

The complete log file is attached (quartus_sh_compile.log).

I am using OpenCL SDK 17.1 and Quartus 17.1. The bsp for the Sockit was done with 14.0 version.

Do I have to use 14.0 version for both OpenCL SDK and Quartus? Could you please give me some suggestions?

Thank you.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
HRZ
Valued Contributor II

Yes, you likely have to use Quartus and OpenCL SDK v14.0/v15.0 or obtain a newer BSP for your board.

FCive
New Contributor I

Thank you for your answer. I will try to find a newer bsp or move the bsp v14.0 to v17.1. Otherwise I will install v14.0 for both OpenCL SDK and Quartus

FCive
New Contributor I

Unfortunately, the error persists even with Quartus and OpenCL SDK v14.0.

Any other suggestions?

Thank you