Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16597 Discussions

Opencl complie Error: Evaluation of Tcl script import_compile.tcl unsuccessful

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, 

when I complie my kernel, export "Error: Compiler Error, not able to generate hardware". When I chaeck the file "quartus_sh_complie.log", it only says"Error (23031): Evaluation of Tcl script import_compile.tcl unsuccessful", how do I know what causees the error and how to change my kernel? 

Thanks!
0 Kudos
22 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi HRZ, 

I have the same problem. But this only happens to my designs with large size (70% utilization). It will say 'failed to generate hardware' after around 10 hour's compilation. Here is my quartus_sh_compile.log. And by the way, the <installation directory>/quartus/bin was not in my path when that happend, but the hardware could be generated for my other kernels with small size. 

aoc --version 

Intel(R) FPGA SDK for OpenCL(TM), 64-Bit Offline Compiler 

Version 16.1.0 Build 196 

Copyright (C) 2016 Intel Corporation 

quartus_map --version 

Quartus Prime Analysis & Synthesis 

Version 16.1.0 Build 196 10/24/2016 SJ Pro Edition 

Copyright (C) 2016 Intel Corporation. All rights reserved.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

Thank you for the quick reply. The board I'm using is Gidel Proc10A X115 which has an Arria 10 FPGA on. 

--- Quote End ---  

good afternoon, colleague 

I also use the gidel board (proceV). Do You know where to download the procewizard? Very need pin information
0 Kudos