Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16597 Discussions

Platform Design tool gets error when generating system: Error: border: Error during execution of script generate_hps_sdram.tcl: seq: Error during execution of "{C:/intelfpga_lite/19.1/quartus/../nios2eds/Nios II Command Shell.bat} make all 2>> stderr.txt"

bpere15
Novice

I get the following error when trying to generate HDL for a system:

Error: border: Error during execution of script generate_hps_sdram.tcl: seq: Error during execution of "{C:/intelfpga_lite/19.1/quartus/../nios2eds/Nios II Command Shell.bat} make all 2>> stderr.txt": child process exited abnormally

I am using Quartus Lite 19.1 and have installed the windows patch. I have also found another work around for older versions that needed to uncheck a Linux support setting as well. I thought that perhaps I had some incorrect setting but I tried a GHRD Qsys file for the DE10 Nano kit that I am using and this also failed with the same error. Help!!

0 Kudos
22 Replies
TimK421
Beginner

I installed WSL2 with Ubuntu 18.04 and ran the "sudo" commands listed above and everything worked with Altera v21.1

Link for reference: community.intel.com/t5/Intel-Quartus-Prime-Software/Platform-Design-tool-gets-error-when-generating-system-Error/m-p/638649#M59904

As stated before, this has seemed to work for several customers.  Thanks Kenny!

0 Kudos
song_ha
Beginner

Hi all,

today I have the same problem. The main reason is that I did not install Ubuntu 18.04 LTS on the Windows subsystem as described in the instructions as below. After I completed the following requirements, everything works fine.

I used the latest version 22.1.1 of Quartus on Windows 10.

** To install Ubuntu 18.04 LTS : https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/docs/programmable/683525/21-3/installing-windows-subsystem-for-linux.html

** To install Eclipse IDE: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/docs/programmable/683525/21-3/windows-installation.html

Screenshot 2023-03-27 222744.png

0 Kudos