Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16597 Discussions

Platform Designer Error, please help

dsun01
New Contributor III

Dear Support/Expert, 

My Quartus 21.3 have been working for a long time. I used it went through AN351, and some design. I started A10 dev board EMIF and DDR4 project, it worked fine at beginning, but don't know why it suddenly failed compile while I ran NIOS2 Platform Designer HDL generation.  here is the error message.  I thought the file was protected by other app, so I deleted them, but it still had same error. 

I reboot the windows, deleted the files, none of them can solve the problem. 

please give me some suggestion. 

thanks,

David

Error: Error writing xml report java.io.FileNotFoundException: C:\FPGA\an812_orig\Created\ip\sysA\sysA_nios2_gen2_0\sysA_nios2_gen2_0.xml (The requested operation cannot be performed on a file with a user-mapped section open)
Error: qsys-generate failed with exit code 1: 1 Error, 0 Warnings

0 Kudos
1 Solution
EricMunYew_C_Intel

May be you have relocated the saved qsys to a different folder or you have changed the Quartus installation directory. You may try not to change the directory.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
EricMunYew_C_Intel

May be you have relocated the saved qsys to a different folder or you have changed the Quartus installation directory. You may try not to change the directory.

0 Kudos
dsun01
New Contributor III

I thought I make a copy of directory and move it to somewhere, but the tools will remember the old directory. it works now. 

Thank you,

David

0 Kudos
EricMunYew_C_Intel

I’m glad that your question has been addressed, I now transition this thread to community support. If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get the support from Intel experts. Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread. Thank you.

0 Kudos