Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16611 Discussions

Platform Designer error, Cyclone-V SOC, generate_hps_sdram.tcl

Alberto_F
New Contributor I

Hi all,

I'm trying to generate the HDL files for a Cyclone-V SoC. Unfortunately, the generation fails with the attached messages:

Error: border: Error during execution of script generate_hps_sdram.tcl: seq: Error during execution of "{C:/intelfpga_lite/19.1/quartus/../nios2eds/Nios II Command Shell.bat} make all 2>> stderr.txt": child process exited abnormally
Error: border: Error during execution of script generate_hps_sdram.tcl: seq: Execution of command "{C:/intelfpga_lite/19.1/quartus/../nios2eds/Nios II Command Shell.bat} make all 2>> stderr.txt" failed
Error: border: Error during execution of script generate_hps_sdram.tcl: seq: child process exited abnormally
Error: border: Error during execution of script generate_hps_sdram.tcl: seq: add_fileset_file: No such file C:/Users/ALBERT~1.FAR/AppData/Local/Temp/alt9052_495511809790755470.dir/0004_seq_gen/hps_AC_ROM.hex
Error: border: Error during execution of script generate_hps_sdram.tcl: Generation stopped, 3 or more modules remaining
Error: border: Execution of script generate_hps_sdram.tcl failed
Error: border: 2022.03.01.09:06:53 Info:
Error: border: ********************************************************************************************************************
Error: border: 
Error: border: Use qsys-generate for a simpler command-line interface for generating IP.
Error: border: Run ip-generate with switch --remove-qsys-generate-warning to prevent this notice from appearing in subsequent runs.
Error: border: ********************************************************************************************************************
Error: border: 2022.03.01.09:06:57 Warning: Ignored parameter assignment device=5CSEBA2U19C8S
Error: border: 2022.03.01.09:06:57 Warning: Ignored parameter assignment extended_family_support=true
Error: border: 2022.03.01.09:07:02 Warning: hps_sdram: 'Quick' simulation modes are NOT timing accurate. Some simulation memory models may issue warnings or errors

There are more messages than this.

This same project compiles OK on a Linux platform, the failures are on a Win10 platform. I've tried Quartus 21 and 19 with a patch applied, and the same error persists. Unfortunately the Linux machine is just an old test device, and it takes quite a while to compile.

Alberto_F_0-1646097317339.png

Any ideas, has anyone else experienced this? Happy to try other things if necessary.

Cheers,

Alberto

0 Kudos
6 Replies
EricMunYew_C_Intel
0 Kudos
Alberto_F
New Contributor I

Hi, thanks for your reply. WSL2 is installed on the machine, but the link within the link provided does not work unfortunately!

Alberto_F_0-1646711883585.png

Thanks,

Alberto

0 Kudos
EricMunYew_C_Intel

I’m glad that your question has been addressed, I now transition this thread to community support. If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get the support from Intel experts. Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread. Thank you.

0 Kudos
Alberto_F
New Contributor I

Hi,

thanks, yes, the link and the solution did work well!

Cheers,

Alberto

0 Kudos
dschumerth
Beginner

I had the same issue and after trying the steps that worked for others, I still had the same issue.  What I ended up doing was running Quartus as administrator. 

My work laptop had a group policy that prevents .bat files from being ran with standard privileges.  The platform designer makes a call to "Nios II Command Shell.bat" but the error shown looks like WSL is not installed or that "make" was not installed inside WSL.

~David Schumerth

0 Kudos