Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
15548 Discussions

Prerequisites for creating 10G BASE-R Transceiver

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, 

I am trying to instantiate 10GBASE-R Transceiver on my Stratix V GX FPGA to drive 2 SFP+ ports connected to each other via SFP cable (one transmit, one receive) and do signal quality tests on the system. I have been reading the Transceiver User Guide, looking at 10G low latency and Native PHY transceiver example designs, but I can't figure out how to instantiate all the parts and put them together via Quartus. I know that BASE-R transceivers need the PHY-IP, Reconfiguration Controller, and Reset Controller instantiated, but I can't figure out how to connect these components. Part of this stems from my limited knowledge of Quartus, FPGA designs, and verilog. I have done some free online courses from Altera to get started with Verilog, Transceiver design flow, and Quartus, but I am wondering if anyone can provide additional resources for learning these topics or helping to create a transceiver design. Thanks in advance.
0 Kudos
1 Reply
druva1
New Contributor I

Hi,

I know this is an old post, but did you find any useful example?

Cheers