Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
15545 Discussions

How to define the top-level library

FFpga
Beginner

I would like to know how to set the library of the top-level module in a Quartus project?

In my design, I have several modules (VHDL entities) called "top", in files named "top.vhd" at different locations and they are in different libraries. One of them is the project top-level. Because of this, Quartus  is confused and does not choose the correct top-level entity.

Thanks

0 Kudos
2 Replies
SyafieqS

Hi Mbda,

To solve that problem you can:

1. Change the top-level entity assignment in Assignments -> Device -> General -> Select your module (top.vhd)
  2. Set your module as top-entity via Project Navigator (Change form hierarchy to Files -> right click on top.vhd -> Set as top-level entity).

Cheers,

Syafieq

FFpga
Beginner

Hi Syafieq, thank you for your answer.

Your proposals don't work because I included into the project several files "top.vhd".

When I click on "Set as top-level entity" on another "top.vhd", Quartus still uses the initial one as top-level... Actually Quartus always uses the upper "top.vhd" in the file list as top-level.

That's why I wanted to specify the library to remove this conflict...