Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
15540 Discussions

Problem with 128Bits from RTL module and Opencl

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I have an output from RTL module with 128 bits width and I want to transfert this output to global memory for print in linux terminal. 

So, I know the type of 64 bits is unsigned long and What's the type of 128 bits ? I found the type unsigned long long but The opencl guide says that these types (unsigned long long, ulong long, ulong longn: A 128-bit unsigned integer scalar and vector.) are reserved and cannot be used by applications as type names. 

Please can someone tell me What's the type I can declare in my kernel and in my cpp files ? 

I tried __global unsigned long long *restrict startx and also I tried __global ulong2 *restrict but no success ! 

What's exactly the type of 128 bits and 256bits and 512 bits that can I define in kernel.cl and API OpenCL (.cpp) ? 

Thank you.
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I think the vector should work I thought, at least from one of my own experiments. I forget the bit order that it is in. You might be able to write two 64 bits out and have it received by the vector type, it's been a while since I've built RTL so I'll need a bit more catchup.

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I tried vector as you see (ulong2) but unfortunately doesn't work. I want to know exactly how to manage an output oven then 64 bit. If you know please give an example .  

thank you.
zjinf
New Contributor I

How did you fix it ???? i have the same problem, but altera or intel user guide give no explain or example for it , i have 128 bit RTL output, that is 4 32 bit int for kernel, i can't received form the kernel in parallel( i want RTL parallel out), but i don't know how to write kernel code interface