Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
15323 Discussions

Problem with incrementing Program Counter

CPaul
Beginner

Hello, I am a begginer VHDL coder and I am making a mips processor. My issue is that I can not seem to get my Program Counter (PC) to increment correctly. It should start with all 32 bits 0's and then add 4 to it at the start of every fetch operation ( I believe) so it should increment , x"00000000" to x"00000004" to x"00000008" and so on until it is reset. It seems with my current configuartion it loads 4 and then shifts it to the left so it may be an issue with my alu control. I will add my QAR file for the project and a picture of the datapath. The mips_tb should be the testbench that is used and you will need to add signals from the entities accordingly. Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Hazlina_R_Intel

Hi,

I apologize that no one attended to your question. Do you have any outstanding question on this? Please reply if you do. Otherwise I will proceed to set this thread to close.