Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16613 Discussions

Problems importing logic lock regions on Quartus II

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi all 

I'm having some trouble while trying to import a logic lock region into a new design. 

I got two design partitions, one of them gets imported without any issues, it appeas as "locked" and the correct fixed size, but the second one appears as "floating" and "undetermined" size.  

The procedure I've taken to export/import both of them was the same. Any tip on what I may be missing here? 

Thanks in advance.
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

Hi all 

I'm having some trouble while trying to import a logic lock region into a new design. 

I got two design partitions, one of them gets imported without any issues, it appeas as "locked" and the correct fixed size, but the second one appears as "floating" and "undetermined" size.  

The procedure I've taken to export/import both of them was the same. Any tip on what I may be missing here? 

Thanks in advance. 

--- Quote End ---  

Hi, 

did you try to import two times the same partition into to your main project or a you talking about two different partitions ? Did have a look to your warnings ? Did you import 

placement and routing or the netlist only ? 

Kind regards 

GPK
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hello 

- They are two different partitions; 

- No warnings regarding partitions or logic lock; 

- I've tried both, placement & routing and netlist only 

Anyway, I've implemented a workaround and created a new partition instead of exporting the older one. Some additional work on adjusting, but it worked fine.  

No idea on why the second imported partition does not appear as locked. 

Thanks and regards
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

Hello 

- They are two different partitions; 

- No warnings regarding partitions or logic lock; 

- I've tried both, placement & routing and netlist only 

Anyway, I've implemented a workaround and created a new partition instead of exporting the older one. Some additional work on adjusting, but it worked fine.  

No idea on why the second imported partition does not appear as locked. 

Thanks and regards 

--- Quote End ---  

Hi, 

I saw this effect also, but only in case that both partitions tried to use the same resources. 

Do you have an overlap of the logiclock regions ? 

Kind regards 

GPK
0 Kudos