Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16556 Discussions

Problems trying to configure three FPGAS using the EPC16

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

The aim of this thread is to request help from you guys because I have a problem trying to make a .pof file which is driving me crazy. 

I am working on a card which has three FPGA (each one running different configuration files), I produced the .sof files and I successfully tested programing the FPGA using a jtag cable. 

Now I would like to create a .pof file (for keeping the new FPGA personality in the non-volatile flash, in this case an EPC16), here is where my problem starts... 

Using the "convert programming files" tool I produced a .pof file from the three .sof files (one for each FPGA) but for a reason which I cannot understand the FPGAs are not programed (done line does not go high) when I power cycle the card. 

Do you have a clue, suggestion or hint which allows me to get rid of this problem and finally produce a working pof for the EPC16? 

Your help will be more than welcome! 

some extra data: 

The three FPGA should be programmed using the 1-bit passive serial mode 

I am using Quartuss II, Version 11.0 

attached you will find some screen captures that shows how I am using the "convert programming file" tool.
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, 

--- Quote Start ---  

Using the "convert programming files" tool I produced a .pof file from the three .sof files (one for each FPGA) but for a reason which I cannot understand the FPGAs are not programed (done line does not go high) when I power cycle the card. 

--- Quote End ---  

For multi-device configuration chain, add the SOFs according to the order of the devices in the chain. 

Check the status of MSEL pin & other configuration signals. 

Check jumper settings on a card. 

Refer the following document for the “Conversion of SRAM Object File to Programmer Object File for Parallel Flash Devices” 

https://www.altera.com/content/dam/altera-www/global/en_us/pdfs/literature/an/an478.pdf  

Best Regards 

Vikas Jathar  

(This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation)
0 Kudos