Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16604 Discussions

Profile.mon is not Generated

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, i run the command aoc --profile <mykernel_name>.cl 

The compiler doesn't return me any error and the compilation only generate .aocx file. 

Any possible cause on this issue?  

I've been read through the similar thread in this forum, but there's no solution for this issue.  

And i tried 3 times for this :( :( :(  

Could anyone please help on this?
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

You have to run the kernel using the profile aocx file and then you will get the profiling info. 

Check "Intel FPGA SDK for OpenCL Programming Guide, Section 10 - Profiling Your OpenCL Kernel" and "Intel FPGA SDK for OpenCL Best Practices Guide, Section 4 - Profiling Your Kernel to Identify Performance Bottlenecks" for more info.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

You have to run the kernel using the profile aocx file and then you will get the profiling info. 

Check "Intel FPGA SDK for OpenCL Programming Guide, Section 10 - Profiling Your OpenCL Kernel" and "Intel FPGA SDK for OpenCL Best Practices Guide, Section 4 - Profiling Your Kernel to Identify Performance Bottlenecks" for more info. 

--- Quote End ---  

Thank for your reply. 

If i'm not mistaken, the command should generate both profile.mon and .aocx file (Issue: I don't get the profile.mon file).  

Both "profile.mon" and ".aocx" file are needed to get the profiling info. 

Please correct me if I'm wrongly understanding the documentation
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

No, the aoc command does not generate profile.mon. As I said, you have to run the application and then, at run time, profiling info is gathered and profile.mon is generated. Then you supply the profiler with the aocx file and the profile.mon file and get the profiling info.

0 Kudos