Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16557 Discussions

Qsys Custom Component Files Overwritten

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I have a number of Qsys custom components used in a Qsys system. Some share the same filenames (but for different source files). The result is that when they are copied to the Qsys synthesis/submodules folder, they overwrite each other. 

Does anyone know if it is a requirement that all IP source filenames are unique (which feels dangerous to me) or is there a way to structure the build so either the filenames are manipulated to be different or sub-directories are created in the synthesis/submodules directory? 

I've done numerous searches and have gone through the Quartus Handboook and I can't find either a stipulation that filenames have to be unique or a solution to the problem. 

Many thanks 

Andrew
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Files with the same name must be in different locations. You can point to different locations for your IP using the options in the Tools menu (I believe, I don't have it open right now). There you can set the IP search paths you want for storing your HDL code and associated _hw.tcl files.

0 Kudos