Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)

Qsys update

Ben_C
Novice

Hi

I have a big qsys file (platform designer) Quartus Pro 19.4. I migrated successfully to 20.3. 

I tried migrating from 20.3 to 20.4 I get this error:
Info: E:/Buildscript/LPUX274_20_4/src/qsys/ip/**/* matched 39 files in 0.08 seconds
Error: Factory com.altera.sopcfactories.QsysFactory reading E:\Buildscript\LPUX274_20_4\src\qsys\qsys.qsys exception com.altera.utilities.altNode.AltNodeException: (in-memory string): Invalid byte 3 of 3-byte UTF-8 sequence. (XML)

0 Kudos
1 Solution
RichardTanSY_Intel

Hi Ben,

I have sent an email to you. Please help to check.

Best Regards,

Shyan Yew

View solution in original post

24 Replies
RichardTanSY_Intel

That's explain why I did not get it in the first place.

Seems to me it might not be a standalone IP that may cause the qsys failure. 
Do you able to successfully narrow down to which group of IPs that might corrupt the qsys?

0 Kudos
RichardTanSY_Intel

Hi Ben,

I have sent an email to you. Please help to check.

Best Regards,

Shyan Yew

Ben_C
Novice

Hi Shyan

Your Quartus update resolved the error

Thank you!

Best regards

Ben

0 Kudos
RichardTanSY_Intel

Hi Ben,

I am happy to hear that! 

For those who might come across this issue, please upgrade your Quartus Pro to version 21.1 once it is available to download. This issue is expected to be fixed in v21.1.

With that, I will now transition this thread to community support. If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get the support from Intel experts. Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread. Thank you.

Best Regards,
Shyan Yew (Richard)

p/s: If any answer from the community or Intel support are helpful, please feel free to give Kudos. 

0 Kudos