Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16558 Discussions

Quartus 15.1 Control + C does not work

Click_Er
Beginner

Using Altera Quartus 15.1 on Intel i7, 64 GB RAM on Win 10. Text editor, copy feature via Control + C does not work. I have Altera Quartus 15.0 and 15.1 installed. I need both versions installed. Control+C works just fine in 15.0.

0 Kudos
11 Replies
KhaiChein_Y_Intel

Hi,

May I know which edition (Pro/Standard/Lite) of the Intel Quartus Prime software you are using?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Click_Er
Beginner

Quartus Prime v15.1 Build 185 10/21/2015 SJ Standard Edition.

0 Kudos
KhaiChein_Y_Intel

Hi,

I tested the Intel Quartus Prime Standard Edition v15.1 on Win 10, I can copy using CTRL+C key in text editor.

Can you try in other PC and see if the problem persists?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Click_Er
Beginner

If I do a clean install of 15.1 then CTRL+C works just fine. But I needed to install 15.0 also.

After installing 15.0 CTRL+C stopped working in 15.1. But CTRL + C works in 15.0.

I did another clean install with deleting the 15.0 and 15.1 directories after uninstall, reboot, installed 15.0 then 15.1 and had the same problem. Works fine in 15.0 but not in 15.1.

0 Kudos
KhaiChein_Y_Intel

What is the installation path for both v15.0 and v15.1?

0 Kudos
Click_Er
Beginner
0 Kudos
KhaiChein_Y_Intel

Can you try right click > copy ?

0 Kudos
Click_Er
Beginner

right click -> copy works

0 Kudos
KhaiChein_Y_Intel

Hi Click_Er,

I tried to launch both v15.0 and v15.1 in Win 10. The CTRl + C works in both versions.

Have you try in other machine? Could you use right click > copy as a workaround?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
elifino
Beginner

This is still a bug in 20.1. Judging from the responses, apparently it depends on random variables specific to some installations, so I wonder if it'll ever get fixed.

I've found two work-arounds: Use Ctrl-Insert instead, or just get used to using Ctrl-X/Ctrl-V in rapid succession, which has the same effect.

0 Kudos
wittrock
Beginner

I have the same problem using Quartus Prime Lite 21.1 on both Windows 10 and Ubuntu 20.04 LTS so it does not look like it is OS dependent.

Sometimes using Ctrl+C in the text editor will not copy anything (i.e. whatever was in the clipboard before pressing Ctrl+C remains).

At other times, pressing Ctrl+C will copy multiple copies of the highlighted text.  For example if I highlight the text "foo", and copy using Ctrl+C, the text in the clipboard is "foofoofoofoo".

Using the context menu "Copy" works.

0 Kudos