Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16595 Discussions

Quartus Prime Standard Edition

BMart12
New Contributor I

Hello,

I am using 18.1.0 Build 625 09/12/2018 SJ Standard Edition.  I accidently punched a button or buttons combination while navigating in the QP screen and goofed up the window layout.  I searched the web and did not find how to restore the layout to the default.  Can you please let me know how to do it?

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution
sstrell
Honored Contributor III

Define "goofed up the window layout."  Can't you just drag things back the way you want them?

View solution in original post

4 Replies
sstrell
Honored Contributor III

Define "goofed up the window layout."  Can't you just drag things back the way you want them?

BMart12
New Contributor I

Goofed up means I undocked the message window, which used to be at the bottom below the compilation report window.  Your question of can't I just drag things back the way I want them inspired me to try it.  I was able to get the message window back to where I normally have it.  I am guessing that the answer to my original question is no.

Thanks for prompting me to fix my layout. 

0 Kudos
sstrell
Honored Contributor III

There are 3 little buttons for most of the smaller windows in the interface: pin, detach, and close.  And as mentioned, you can drag detached windows on top of other windows to create a tabbed layout or put them to the side of other windows.

0 Kudos
BMart12
New Contributor I

Actually I was fiddling with the three little buttons but when I dragged the message window, I could not get a blue area to light up at the bottom until your original reply arrived.  I have had this problem before and was able to restore the message window to its accustomed position.  Today I was not getting there.

Thank you for your support.

0 Kudos