Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16593 Discussions

Quartus Prime not detecting DE0-Nano-SoC (Cyclone V FPGA)

DShat4
Novice

Hello to everyone,

I recently acquired a DE0-Nano-SoC development board for a university project and was able to connect it to my PC (Ubuntu 16.04) using the micro USB cable provided.

However, to use the FPGA I have to be able to connect it using the USB Blaster II. When I use the programmer tool of Quartus I can't find my device.

Does anyone know the solution for this problem?

Thank you in advance.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Abe
Valued Contributor II

The DE0-Nano board has 2 Micro-USb ports. one for the USB-blaster and the other for the USB UART. Make sure you are connecting to the correct USB port , power on the board and then try. Take a look at the following pic

DE0-Nano.jpg

0 Kudos
DShat4
Novice

I did connected it to the USB-blaster port. Apparently the problem was that I had to create a file called "92-usbblaster.rules" on the /etc/udev/rules.d directory and write the following piece of code:

# USB-Blaster SUBSYSTEM=="usb", ATTRS{idVendor}=="09fb", ATTRS{idProduct}=="6001", MODE="0666" SUBSYSTEM=="usb", ATTRS{idVendor}=="09fb", ATTRS{idProduct}=="6002", MODE="0666"   SUBSYSTEM=="usb", ATTRS{idVendor}=="09fb", ATTRS{idProduct}=="6003", MODE="0666"   # USB-Blaster II SUBSYSTEM=="usb", ATTRS{idVendor}=="09fb", ATTRS{idProduct}=="6010", MODE="0666" SUBSYSTEM=="usb", ATTRS{idVendor}=="09fb", ATTRS{idProduct}=="6810", MODE="0666"

I hope this helps someone else!