Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
14943 Discussions

Quartus Prime not detecting DE0-Nano-SoC (Cyclone V FPGA)

DShat4
Beginner

Hello to everyone,

I recently acquired a DE0-Nano-SoC development board for a university project and was able to connect it to my PC (Ubuntu 16.04) using the micro USB cable provided.

However, to use the FPGA I have to be able to connect it using the USB Blaster II. When I use the programmer tool of Quartus I can't find my device.

Does anyone know the solution for this problem?

Thank you in advance.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Abe
Valued Contributor II

The DE0-Nano board has 2 Micro-USb ports. one for the USB-blaster and the other for the USB UART. Make sure you are connecting to the correct USB port , power on the board and then try. Take a look at the following pic

DE0-Nano.jpg

DShat4
Beginner

I did connected it to the USB-blaster port. Apparently the problem was that I had to create a file called "92-usbblaster.rules" on the /etc/udev/rules.d directory and write the following piece of code:

# USB-Blaster SUBSYSTEM=="usb", ATTRS{idVendor}=="09fb", ATTRS{idProduct}=="6001", MODE="0666" SUBSYSTEM=="usb", ATTRS{idVendor}=="09fb", ATTRS{idProduct}=="6002", MODE="0666"   SUBSYSTEM=="usb", ATTRS{idVendor}=="09fb", ATTRS{idProduct}=="6003", MODE="0666"   # USB-Blaster II SUBSYSTEM=="usb", ATTRS{idVendor}=="09fb", ATTRS{idProduct}=="6010", MODE="0666" SUBSYSTEM=="usb", ATTRS{idVendor}=="09fb", ATTRS{idProduct}=="6810", MODE="0666"

I hope this helps someone else!