Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16559 Discussions

Quartus Pro 18.1 always regenerating IP

AndyN
New Contributor I

I've just updated my Stratix 10 design to 18.1 and (annoyingly) the IP is always regenerating, even when the "Never regenerate" option is selected. Any ideas why the tool is ignoring my settings? It's ten minutes of my life I'd like to get back :-)

Thanks,

Andy

0 Kudos
4 Replies
MuhammadAr_U_Intel

Hi,

If you are doing clean project, next compilation will re-generate the IP.

If no changes in IP/ project is not clean, it shouldn't re-generate the IP.

I tried on my side on Windows Quartus edition 18.1 it didn't re-generated the IP.

Thanks,

Arslan

0 Kudos
AndyN
New Contributor I

Has the behavior of clean project changed then? This design originally began life targeting an Arria 10 in 16.1 and doing a clean project, rebuild, without changing IP did not result in the IP regenerating. I'm not certain but I think that was also the behavior when I migrated the design to Stratix and 18.0...

Thanks,

Andy

0 Kudos
AndyN
New Contributor I

Ok, I can confirm that the Clean Project button has changed functionality (deleting generated IP files in 18.1 when it didn't before). Is there any way to get back to the old functionality? Or can we add a "lite" clean button that leaves the IP alone?

I've had far too many Quartus crashes in the past if I don't do a clean project between builds so I'd really prefer to revert this to it's old functionality so I don't have to waste 10 minutes per build when I didn't used to have to...

Thanks,

Andy

0 Kudos
MuhammadAr_U_Intel

Hi Andy,

Appreciate you feedback, I have passed it on to our Quartus developer.

Thanks,

Arslan

0 Kudos