Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)

Quartus SSN Analyzer

AnttiLukats
Novice

It seems Quartus SSN Analyzer is no longer supported by Quartus Prime Pro? The menu is not there! Any idea what the status is? Is SSN Analyzer still supported by Quartus?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
17 Replies
sstrell
Honored Contributor III

I don't think it's really needed anymore.  The compiler itself can let you know if there are any SSN issues without having to run a separate analyzer.

0 Kudos
AnttiLukats
Novice

But it seems the SSN analyzes is not done at all any more, so it is just not there!

0 Kudos
AqidAyman_Intel
Employee

Hello,

The SSN Analyzer was depreciated starting with the Arria 10 family. Thats why you don't find it in the Quartus Prime Pro. As we do not support I/O standards above 1.8V in the GPIO I/O banks, it is aligned with the big factor for SSN reduction.

Regards,

Aqid

0 Kudos
AqidAyman_Intel
Employee

Hello,

Do you need more support on this? please let me know as I am more than happy to support more.

Else, I will close this thread.

Regards,

Aqid

0 Kudos
AnttiLukats
Novice

I wonder if it is possible to check it out with Quartus Prime Lite? Lite seems to include SSN analyzer but it is not starting, saying paid subscription is needed, but it seems Pro subscription is not recognized? How to enable SSN in Lite?

0 Kudos
sstrell
Honored Contributor III

It depends on your target device.  If you are using a Stratix 10 or newer, you have to use Pro.  Older devices are supports in Standard or Lite.  Arria 10 is the only device supported in both Standard and Pro.

0 Kudos
AnttiLukats
Novice

If as example I work with MAX10 and Quartus Prime Lite, how to enable SSN analyzer?

0 Kudos
sstrell
Honored Contributor III

It may be a feature only supported in Standard, not Lite.  It's been years since I used it so I'm not sure.

0 Kudos
AnttiLukats
Novice

It seems it is supported in Lite as the Menu item for SSN is visible!

0 Kudos
sstrell
Honored Contributor III

You said, "Lite seems to include SSN analyzer but it is not starting, saying paid subscription is needed."  So like I said, it means you have to pay for a subscription and that means using Standard instead of Lite.

0 Kudos
AnttiLukats
Novice

I do not get it, Lite includes a menu item "SSN Analyzer" how to enable this menu item in Lite?

0 Kudos
sstrell
Honored Contributor III
Again, you can’t without paying for Standard. Lite and Standard are basically the same so you’re seeing something that works in Standard but is unavailable in Lite.
0 Kudos
AnttiLukats
Novice

But I have license to Pro? That should do as well?

0 Kudos
sstrell
Honored Contributor III

No.  SSN Analyzer is not in Pro and neither is support for MAX 10.  I feel like we're going in circles here.

If you're asking whether your Pro license would work for Standard, I believe it does.

0 Kudos
AnttiLukats
Novice

I have Pro and Lite installed. In Pro it is not there. In Lite I see the menu item "SSN Analyzer" but it says I need paid subscription So it is also not working. So I wonder what is needed to enable SSN in Lite? Pro License does not help.

0 Kudos
sstrell
Honored Contributor III

I will explain this one more time.  I don't know how much clearer I can make it.

Lite and Standard are the same so the feature appears in both.

You can never use the feature in Lite.  You must use Standard.

A paid subscription is required for Standard which would get you access to the feature.

The feature is not available in Pro and neither is MAX10 support.

Why is this so complicated?

0 Kudos
AnttiLukats
Novice

IO I see, so the SSN menu is simply WRONG in Lite and should not be there. I got it.

0 Kudos