Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16602 Discussions

Quartus True and Simple DPRAM issue - does this affect Quartus II version 15.1 designs

CycloneICE
Beginner

For Cyclone IV designs using dual port ram compiled with Quartus II v15.x (or v14.x),  are the True and simple DPRAM issues affecting Quartus Prime v18.1 and v20.1 relevant to the older revisions of compilers.

I am responsible for the sustaining of a number of mature products using cyclone IV FPGAs.

I would like to know whether time and effort need be expended to investigate this recent Quartus Prime PCN for DPRAM ram implementations using older revision compilers.

Most of the designs I am referring to were compiled using Quartus II v15.1

I would appreciate some feedback.

Thanks

0 Kudos
3 Replies
SyafieqS

Hi Stuart,

Are you referring to this KDB? Assuming it yes

https://www.intel.com/content/altera-www/global/en_us/index/support/support-resources/knowledge-base/tools/2020/why-is-there-seed-dependent-ram-data-corruption-quartus-std.html

There is a screening patch to see if your design is affected.

0 Kudos
CycloneICE
Beginner

This KDB seems to pertain to Intel Quartus Prime software only.   

My mature design was compiled and implemented using Quartus II software revision 15.1 or earlier

Is this DPRAM bug only associated with version 18.1 or newer Intel Quartus Prime software ?

Does this KDB actually apply to the earlier Quartus II software releases ? 

I do not see a patch for vintage Quartus II ver 15.1 compiler to determine if this issue exist.

Please advise.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
SyafieqS

Hi Stuart,

Yes, this KDB impacting prior Quartus stated. User is encourage to migrate to latest Quartus version for permanent fix

0 Kudos