Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16720 Discussions

Quartus Web Edition 13.1.0.162 install problem on Debian 64-bit

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I'm trying to install Quartus 13.1 on a Debian 64-bit system. 

./setup.sh --version Quartus II Web Edition (Free) 13.1.0.162 13.1 --- Built on 2013-10-24 05:58:34 IB: 8.6.0-201308221742 

$ cat /etc/debian_version 7.2 

$ uname -a Linux foobar 3.2.0-4-amd64# 1 SMP Debian 3.2.51-1 x86_64 GNU/Linux 

The install works fine until the NIOS-II installation part, where it complains about not being able to install symbolic links. There is nothing unusual about the system or the installation directory (my home directory/altera/13.1) and if I ignore the link creation errors, the install continues until it tries to install the Quartus Help system, where it says it can't execute the command and fails. 

I can run the help (and later ModelSim) installers just fine manually. 

Is this a known issue? How should I go back and re-create the missing symlinks? Not enough information is given in the error message to allow me to just use ln and create them myself. 

Once installed, Quartus seems to function fine, although I have to manually go and install device support since the installer never finishes far enough to install the device support automatically.
0 Kudos
0 Replies