Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)

Quartus crashes

David32
New Contributor I

I am using Quartus Prime 23.2.0 Build 94 06/14/2023 SC Pro Edition.

Running on Ubuntu 22.04.3 LTS

I have attached the dummy project during which the Fitter crashes.

I have also tried other projects (including example design from Intel) with the same result.

It seems from the attached dump file that Quartus is looking for a file that does not exist.

In fact the entire directory called "20nm" does not exist.

I would appreciate any leads on solving this problem.

Screenshot from 2023-08-16 13-19-11.png

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
David32
New Contributor I

Hi SyafieqS,

1. I attached all files to my original post. Now on vacation for 10 days without access to my work PC.

2. After my posting I found other people reported EXACTLY the same problem - so it is definitely a bug in Quartus.

3. I downgraded to an older version of Quartus and everything is working OK - further supporting my claim that the newest version is buggy.

David

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
SyafieqS

Hi David,

What is the message?

And I cant see the design attached.

Please reattach it for me to reproduce and take a look.

0 Kudos
David32
New Contributor I

Hi SyafieqS,

1. I attached all files to my original post. Now on vacation for 10 days without access to my work PC.

2. After my posting I found other people reported EXACTLY the same problem - so it is definitely a bug in Quartus.

3. I downgraded to an older version of Quartus and everything is working OK - further supporting my claim that the newest version is buggy.

David

0 Kudos
SyafieqS

Hi David,

Noted. You may use it as temp workaround.

Let me know if there is any concern.

I will take a look into the design

0 Kudos