Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16556 Discussions

Quartus help copy paste error

AEsqu
Novice

Hello,

There is a copy paste error in the Quartus help about the EDA entry:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/programmable/quartushelp/13.0/mergedProjects/eda/eda_topics/quartus2/eda_tab_designentry.htm

Is there perhaps a newer version of the DOC that has this error fixed?

Kind Regards,

Alex.

0 Kudos
9 Replies
SyafieqS

Alex,

Yes I can see that, seem like there a mistake for the keyword.

Let me check this and get back to you.

0 Kudos
AEsqu
Novice

On top of the DOC, I would like to get a concrete example for the QSF.

When I use this it is taken by Quartus:

set_instance_assignment -name EDA_DESIGN_ENTRY_SYNTHESIS_TOOL "Synplify Pro"

If I leave it just like this it says other parameters are required (warning).

When I add this:

set_instance_assignment -name EDA_INPUT_DATA_FORMAT VQM
set_instance_assignment -name EDA_RUN_TOOL_AUTOMATICALLY OFF

It gives a qsf error while loading it.

same with 

set_instance_assignment -name EDA_INPUT_DATA_FORMAT "VQM"
set_instance_assignment -name EDA_RUN_TOOL_AUTOMATICALLY OFF

What are the 3 others correct lines to add in the QSF on top of the EDA_DESIGN_ENTRY_SYNTHESIS_TOOL?

BTW, I use Synplify Premier, but I guess it is equivalent to Synplify pro.

I remember that in the past it was required to mention the Synplify eda tool for quartus to understand the vqm,

but that does not seems the case anymore, so I guess I could live with a qsf without EDA_DESIGN_ENTRY_SYNTHESIS_TOOL actually.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
SyafieqS

Hi Alexandre,

This seem likely more to simulation issue, I suggest you to open a new forum case and someone with right expertise will help you with that.

Let me know if there is any concern.

0 Kudos
AEsqu
Novice

I disagree, the doc has definitely an issue.

Why shall I open a new forum topic?

BTW, why is the default language Russian in the forum when not logged in?

0 Kudos
SyafieqS

Alexandre,

You can change the language in you browser manually to English.

Unfortunately, the doc would be taking sometimes as developer is working on more high priority bug/fix.

I am checking the correct assignment as requested. Will let you know any findings

0 Kudos
SyafieqS

Alexandre,

Apologize for the late reply.

May I know if the issue still persist

0 Kudos
AEsqu
Novice

Hello, I received a new laptop and no problem anymore, It shows English web site version now.

0 Kudos
SyafieqS

Hi Alex,

Noted on that.

What version and type of Quartus you are using?

Assuming you are using Std Edition, you will see there is no Synplify Premier option for EDA compiler to use for nativelink. After checking internally, there is a limitation support for Premier.

The recommended design flow is to use is within Synplify Premier software as standalone and running Quartus within it.

You may need to refer to 1.5.2.1. Running the Intel Quartus Prime Software from within the Synplify Software in link below for details.

This wont be fixed/obsolete by engineering. The reason is premier is a physical synthesis tool, and NativeLink doesn't support any physical synthesis tools.

And it'll be confusing to add synplify premier as a logic synthesis tool.

For synplify premier users who are using premier to do logic synthesis ONLY, this change should solve the problem:

If env variable SYNPLIFYPREMIER_LICENSE_TYPE is set then NativeLink will invoke synplify_premier, overriding user's tool selection.

i.e synplify premier users can get NativeLink to launch synplify premier by selecting synplify pro or synplify in eda tool settings, and setting the env variable SYNPLIFYPREMIER_LICENSE_TYPE

Otherwise, the workaround is to work from within Premier and invoke Quartus.

0 Kudos
AEsqu
Novice

Hi, I always run Synplify first then Quartus, I never want to run Synplify from Quartus,

I was just wondering if that was changing the Quartus std 22.1.0 behavior but that is not the case then.

This can be closed.

0 Kudos