Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
15559 Discussions

Quartus ip-generate command: List of available components

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Dear all, 

At the moment I am trying to port a project from the Arria X to the Arria V GZ. This project contains an PCIe interface and for performing simulations, a virtual root complex is necessary. Within the project, the root complex is generated for the Arria X device via the "ip-generate" command (see below). I tried to convert the command to that of the Arria V GZ in a straight forward manner (see below), but this seems not to be working because the component "altera_pcie_a5_tbed" does not exist. I have been looking for a list of available components of the ip-generate command to see if there is a similar component available for the Arria V GZ, but I cannot find them anywhere. Do you know where I could find such a list? 

Cheers, 

Wendo 

--- 

Original Arria X command (in which ip_generate is a reference to $QUARTUS_ROOTDIR/sopc_builder/bin/ip-generate) 

ip_generate --component_name=altera_pcie_a10_tbed --output-directory=./rootport_hwtcl/ --system-info=DEVICE_FAMILY=Arria\ 10 --component-parameter=apps_type_hwtcl=7 --component-parameter=gen123_lane_rate_mode_hwtcl=Gen3\ (8.0\ Gbps) --component-parameter=lane_mask_hwtcl=x8 --component-parameter=pld_clk_MHz=250 --component-parameter=port_type_hwtcl=Native\ endpoint --component-parameter=serial_sim_hwtcl=1 --component-parameter=millisecond_cycle_count_hwtcl=124250 --component-parameter=pll_refclk_freq_hwtcl=100\ MHz --component-parameter=deemphasis_enable_hwtcl=false --component-parameter=ecrc_check_capable_hwtcl=0 --component-parameter=ecrc_gen_capable_hwtcl=0 --component-parameter=enable_pipe32_phyip_ser_driver_hwtcl=0 --component-parameter=use_crc_forwarding_hwtcl=1 --report_file=spd:./rootport_hwtcl.spd --file-set=SIM_VERILOG --verbose # "${SIM_ROOT}/altera_pcie_a10_tbed/altera_pcie_a10_tbed_hw.tcl" --search-path=${SIM_ROOT}/altera_pcie_a10_tbed/,\$ --component-parameter=millisecond_cycle_count_hwtcl=248500 

Altered command for Arria V GZ: 

ip_generate --component_name=altera_pcie_a5_tbed --output-directory=./rootport_hwtcl/ --system-info=DEVICE_FAMILY=Arria\ 5\ GZ --component-parameter=apps_type_hwtcl=7 --component-parameter=gen123_lane_rate_mode_hwtcl=Gen3\ (8.0\ Gbps) --component-parameter=lane_mask_hwtcl=x8 --component-parameter=pld_clk_MHz=250 --component-parameter=port_type_hwtcl=Native\ endpoint --component-parameter=serial_sim_hwtcl=1 --component-parameter=millisecond_cycle_count_hwtcl=124250 --component-parameter=pll_refclk_freq_hwtcl=100\ MHz --component-parameter=deemphasis_enable_hwtcl=false --component-parameter=ecrc_check_capable_hwtcl=0 --component-parameter=ecrc_gen_capable_hwtcl=0 --component-parameter=enable_pipe32_phyip_ser_driver_hwtcl=0 --component-parameter=use_crc_forwarding_hwtcl=1 --report_file=spd:./rootport_hwtcl.spd --file-set=SIM_VERILOG --verbose --search-path=${SIM_ROOT}/altera_pcie_a5_tbed/,\$ --component-parameter=millisecond_cycle_count_hwtcl=248500
0 Kudos
0 Replies