Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
15468 Discussions

Quartus produces different synthesis for same design.

Yeet2Yote
Beginner

I synthesized my design in Quartus for Arria 10 in a remote server. In my memory instantiation, it is saying that it is unable to infer a Block RAM due to asynchronous reads. I tried to synthesize again in my local machine, this time setting a DE1-SoC FPGA as the target device. It properly inferred my memory instantiations as BRAMs. To test my sanity, I decided to bring it to board level in my DE1; the design functioned as expected. I'm just wondering why Quartus produces different synthesis for the same design? Are there some compiler commands that I can use to force Quartus to infer my memory instantiations as BRAM? This is significant since I am unable to produce accurate timings and area estimates. Thank you.

From the terminal in remote Server:

Quartus Prime Design Software

Version 17.1.1 Build 273 12/19/2017 Patches 1.38 SJ Pro Edition

Please let me know if you need information from the log files.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
RichardTanSY_Intel

Hi,

Could you help to share your design so I can check on this?