Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16642 Discussions

Quartus: "Current netlist is not set" , "SDC Command entered is not currently supporte..."

Zach_Perrizo1
Employee

While using Quartus Timing Analyzer, it seems that whenever I try to use most commands in the ::quartus::dcmd_dni tcl package, I get this message:

Zach_Perrizo1_0-1715019398282.png

The command does not return any other string and exits the current process, so it seems to act like an error even though there’s no error code or keyword.

I’m able to see timing reports, instance paths, etc. using other Quartus TA packages, so I don’t think it’s an issue with the design not being loaded. I’ve used these commands in the same package and have a different error when I don’t include the package in the call:

Zach_Perrizo1_1-1715019398286.png

The Quartus TA tool was opened from the GUI after the full flow was run and programming files were generated using the “Assembler” step if that helps. My goal is to be able to run STA commands interactively in Quartus.

Thanks,

Zach

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
RichardTanSY_Intel

I believe you ran those command in the Timing Analyzer GUI console.

Most of time we run sdc constraint or ::quartus::sta packages' tcl in that console.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/programmable/quartushelp/current/index.htm#tafs/tafs/tcl_pkg_sta_ver_1.0.htm#tafs/tafs/tcl_pkg_sta_ver_1.0.htm#tafs/tafs/tcl_pkg_sta_ver_1.0.htm#tafs/tafs/tcl_pkg_sta_ver_1.0.htm

Those commands seem usable in the Quartus GUI Tcl console, not in the separate Timing Analyzer GUI.

Regards,

Richard Tan

0 Kudos