Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16557 Discussions

Quartus ram block sharing bug on Cyclone V

foft
Novice

I have an issue where as the Cyclone V fills up my design stops working. I took a look into what is happened and it seems that as the block memory fills up Quartus decides to share a ram block between a rom and as part of the logic for the 6502 CPU core I am using. This would be fine except when this sharing occurs the wrong results are returned and one of the instructions on the 6502 core thus does the wrong thing! I captured this in signal tap and have traces etc.

I've attached a .qar file with the design showing the issue.

I accidentally posted this question in the wrong forum before, there are more complete details here, along with signal tap traces and snippets form the technology map viewer.

https://community.intel.com/t5/FPGA-Intellectual-Property/Quartus-ram-block-sharing-bug-on-Cyclone-V/m-p/124639

I'm not sure if its a bug in my design or in Quartus. Usually these 'compiler bugs' turn out to be user error. However I'm really at a loss on this one. I've looked at it several times over the last year since discovering it and still have no idea how to resolve. 

0 Kudos
0 Replies