Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16556 Discussions

Quartus text editor quotation marks incorrect

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I recently started using Quartus 16.1 on Ubuntu and I noticed a very annoying thing.  

When I want to assign some bit(s) to a std_logic(_vector) I use the ' or " characters. 

Quartus however, as the only program on my computer, inserts these: ´ instead of ' and ¨ instead of ". 

I have looked all over the settings, and I cannot find a solution. Having struggled with this for some time. 

I decided to ask if anyone else has seen this issue and knows how to resolve this.
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Is this the first you're seeing this issue? Does it cause a problem when you try to compile your code or is it just aesthetics? 

It sounds more like a keyboard/language/OS issue that with the text editor.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

It does couse issues. Compilion fails because it expects the correct char. As Quartus is the only program that gets it wrong I expect it is a Quartus thing. The machine is dual boot with win7, and there I use Quartus 16.1.2 vs 16.1.0 on Ubuntu, and there is no problem with those chars.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I have not had time or sufficient motivation to do some hobby designing, but I picked it up again today and found a solution to this problem. Using the right alt key gives me the correct chars.

0 Kudos