Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16594 Discussions

RTL viewer problem with array of buses, it separates all bits.

GLous
Novice

I have an VHDL code that uses arrays of buses, I'm reading 10 groups of 4 ASICS of 16 bits each, the problem is that RTL is showing me each bit separately so is showing a gigantic diagram very difficult to follow and useless for documentation.

I'm using Quartus Pro 18.0

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Vicky1
Employee

Hi,

I suspect, it seems to be bug.

Can you provide the project file(.qpf) so that we can replicate the issue?

Best Regards

Vikas Jathar 

(This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation)

0 Kudos
GLous
Novice

Hi Vikas,

I'm trying to upload the qpf file but the web gets stuck so I copy here two qpf files, the first one is the project I have been doing that it was created with quartus standard edition on a linux and the new project I've created now because I saw that the qpf file was keeping information of the standard version and no the pro.

STANDARD

# -------------------------------------------------------------------------- # # # Copyright (C) 2018 Intel Corporation. All rights reserved. # Your use of Intel Corporation's design tools, logic functions # and other software and tools, and its AMPP partner logic # functions, and any output files from any of the foregoing # (including device programming or simulation files), and any # associated documentation or information are expressly subject # to the terms and conditions of the Intel Program License # Subscription Agreement, the Intel Quartus Prime License Agreement, # the Intel FPGA IP License Agreement, or other applicable license # agreement, including, without limitation, that your use is for # the sole purpose of programming logic devices manufactured by # Intel and sold by Intel or its authorized distributors. Please # refer to the applicable agreement for further details. # # -------------------------------------------------------------------------- # # # Quartus Prime # Version 18.0.0 Build 614 04/24/2018 SJ Standard Edition # Date created = 10:00:10 Juni 10, 2018 # # -------------------------------------------------------------------------- #   QUARTUS_VERSION = "18.0" DATE = "10:00:10 Juni 10, 2018"   # Revisions   PROJECT_REVISION = "compactorV01"

PRO

# -------------------------------------------------------------------------- # # # Copyright (C) 2018 Intel Corporation. All rights reserved. # Your use of Intel Corporation's design tools, logic functions # and other software and tools, and its AMPP partner logic # functions, and any output files from any of the foregoing # (including device programming or simulation files), and any # associated documentation or information are expressly subject # to the terms and conditions of the Intel Program License # Subscription Agreement, the Intel Quartus Prime License Agreement, # the Intel FPGA IP License Agreement, or other applicable license # agreement, including, without limitation, that your use is for # the sole purpose of programming logic devices manufactured by # Intel and sold by Intel or its authorized distributors. Please # refer to the applicable agreement for further details. # # -------------------------------------------------------------------------- # # # Quartus Prime # Version 18.0.0 Build 219 04/25/2018 SJ Pro Edition # Date created = 09:15:03 August 15, 2018 # # -------------------------------------------------------------------------- #   QUARTUS_VERSION = "18.0" DATE = "09:15:03 August 15, 2018"   # Revisions   PROJECT_REVISION = "UTDataProc"

In both cases I see the same problem

Thanks,

0 Kudos
Vicky1
Employee

Hi,

Thanks & I appreciate your efforts but we need project file to replicate.

Can you attach that project file(.qpf) as a zip?

Best Regards

Vikas Jathar 

0 Kudos
GLous
Novice

Hi Vikas,

I tried to upload the file here but the web stucks no matter the browser I use(firefox, vhrome or Edge) so I attach the link to the file in my cernbox.

https://cernbox.cern.ch/index.php/s/i9WBfS9VqwavbnC

thanks,

0 Kudos
Vicky1
Employee

Hi,

I could able to replicate the issue & presently it is unavailable.

Once I get any inputs definitely I will reach to you.

Best Regards

Vikas Jathar 

0 Kudos
GLous
Novice

Hi,

Merci, for now I have a workaround for documentation but makes me having extra "for generate loops" all over the code.

I t seems that RTL viewer was not coded to understand arrays of arrays of std_logic_vectors, in the old altera forums there was a questions of 2010 with the same issue.

Hope to hear from you soon,

Guillermo